Sunday 7 October 2012

Capture Your Grief, Day 7: What To Say


I'm sure a lot of people has difficulties bringing up a subject that might cause someone more pain. Many people worry that by mentioning death or her name, they will somehow remind me of my loss and create more pain. However, avoiding the subject altogether and acting like life should just go on is a disservice to the memory of the one who has died. DO not be uncomfortable saying her name. Alanna's loss is already in my mind and the pain is already there.Yes, maybe I cry sometimes but this is not because of you mentioning her name, it is not your fault. Everyone is different, but here are some of the list of good things that people said to me:




If you don't know what to say a GENUINE HUG works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...